Frequently Asked Questions
We are getting a number of queries regularly at the moment, so please look through these before sending an email to be sure that you get your answer as soon as you can!
- When will your grains and flours next be in stock?
- We are out of whole peas, pea flour, rye grain and rye flour until our next harvest in August.
- We hope to have the time to clean and mill some more YQ wheat soon. Please email us below and we will add you to the mailing list for when it is in stock again.
- Is your shop open still?
- Yes, we are operating under our usual opening hours: Tuesdays 4pm-6.30pm and Fridays 8.30am-11am.
- We are running a no-cash service; please make sure you bring your card!
- If you are looking for 15kg or 25kg of wheat flour, or any quantity of wheat grain, please contact us before you come to check whether we have any available. We will aim to have 1.5kg and 5kg of wheat flour on the shelves.
- Do you have any work available?
- The short answer is no. We are only a small family farm and don't need many part-time workers, and at present there are the additional challenges of social distancing.
- There are many farms out there who will be looking for temporary workers. Farm workers are categorised as keyworkers. Check out the links below for more information:
- What vegetables do you have at the moment?
- March to May is known as the hungry gap, as the winter vegetables are nearly over but the summer veg are only just being planted!
- We currently have mixed salad bags, chard, leeks and rhubarb (as of 7/4/20). There may be some other options, but these are dependent on what is available on any given day.
- If you want a larger quantity, please email us so that we can pick for you specially.
- Can I buy some eggs?
- Yes, but we don't deliver eggs, sorry!
- Our eggs are sold either through Fruits of the Earth in Bridport, or through our shop.
Not answered your question? Please send us an email through the form below and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Tamarisk Farm Shop
on the corner of West Bexington, DT2 9DF
Tuesdays 4:00-6:30 pm
Fridays 8:30-11:00 am
Any other time by appointment.
Vegetables are picked fresh for the shop, so are not available outside normal shop hours.